Would you like to know my favorite home workout for arms? It consists of a total 24-sets, and it uses a combination of bands and bodyweight. I’ll focus on compound calisthenics exercises and resistance band training, to do the job! Areas of focus are; the biceps, triceps, forearms, and a little chest, back, & shoulders. Give it a shot, and leave a comment.
My Arm Routine Summarized
On Mondays, I complete exercises 1-8 for 3-rounds. I try to do between 15-30 reps per set.
- Towel curls
- Standing wrist curls
- Overhead Towel Tricep extensions
- Chin-ups with fat grips
- Diamond Push-ups
- Standing Wrist Extensions
- Standing bicep curls
- Band tricep push-downs
The Full Workout On Video
My Home Workout For Arms Broken Down
How To Do Towel Curls On Suspension Trainer
Towel Curls – you will need a suspension trainer and a towel. You will also need a way to anchor your suspension trainer to some overhead attachment point. I use a wall-mounted pull-up bar to attach it. Like this…
Towel curls from a suspension trainer are an effective bodyweight exercise to strengthen your arms and grip strength. Here’s how to do them:
- Start by attaching a suspension trainer system, such as TRX, to a secure anchor point at shoulder height.
- Place a towel through both handles, and grab it with your palms facing each other, extended out in front of you.
- Flex your elbows and curl the towel towards your shoulders in a controlled manner.
- At the end of the movement, squeeze your biceps before slowly releasing them back to starting position.
- Repeat for the desired number of reps.
Here’s how to do Towel curls:
How To Do Standing Wrist Curls With A Band Anchored To A Pull-up Bar
Standing Wrist Curls – I use the bands from Lifeline USA. They have a unique handle with 3 band slots. You can fix one end of the band to the left side and the opposite end of the band to the right side, leaving the middle empty creating a loop. Then you attach it to the pull-up bar or anchor point. Like so…
Standing wrist curls with fat grips are an effective way to strengthen your arms and wrists. Here’s how to do them:
- Start by holding a pair of fat gripz attached to resistance bands or a similar type of oversized handles, securely in each hand. the band can attach to an overhead anchor point.
- Stand up straight with your feet in a fighter stance with the arm and out in front of you
- Keeping your arm extended, curl the grips towards your shoulders focusing on contracting and squeezing the muscles in the forearm.
- Slowly release back to starting position as you exhale out and repeat for desired number of reps.
This is how you do Standing Wrist Curls
How To Do Overhead Tricep Extensions With A Towel
Overhead Towel Tricep Extensions – I use the same equipment for towel extensions as I do towel curls; the difference is body position. With towel extensions, you will face the opposite direction and lean forward into the towel. Check it out…
Here is how you do Towel Tricep Extensions:
How To Do Chin-up With Fat Grips
Chin-ups with fat grips – I pop my grips onto the chin-up bar and focus on the forearms and biceps. There are two grip variations that I do; the underhand position and the neutral grip position. See how it’s done…
This is how you perform chin-ups with a fat grip.
How To Do Diamond Push-Ups With Exercise Mat
Diamond Push-Ups – You don’t need any equipment for these, but I like to use an exercise mat just cuz. Get into the push-up position, make a diamond with your thumbs and first fingers, do pushups. It targets mainly triceps but still hits check and is good at focusing on the inner chest. Let me demonstrate…
How to do diamond push-Ups right
How To Do Standing wrist Extensions Horizontally
Standing Wrist Extensions – Wrist extensions work the top of the forearm (th1e extensors), wrist curls work the underside (the flexors). This is an underworked area and prevents imbalances that may lead to a wrist injury. Here’s how it’s done…
The right way to do standing wrist extensions
How To Do Standing Bicep Curls With Bands Plus Fat rips
Standing Bicep Curls – You use the handles and Attach the handles to both handles, then stand on the band. After that, you simply curl the weight up. Make sure your glutes back and core are engaged during the entire exercise. Take a look…
This is the way you do Standing Bicep Curls.
How To Do Tricep Pushdowns With Bands
Band Tricep Pushdowns – I hook one of my bands to my chin-up bar; it’s like doing a rope cable tricep push down in the gym. This exercise isolates the triceps and will give you a good pump. Take a look…
This is the way you do Band Tricep Pushdowns.
I love this image…
Ok, so now you know my home arm workout routine on Mondays. I summarized my workout and demonstrated how to do it step by step. If You have any questions, leave a comment below.