Here are all of the best muscle building foods for men in existence! Just kidding this is most of them, and now you can build delicious meals around these foods.
Table of Contents
There are a ton muscle building foods that are great for maintaining healthy testosterone levels.
Some prevent the most common diseases in men, like colon cancer, heart disease, erectile dysfunction, and more!
They also keep you sharp mentally and prevent brain-related diseases.
They protect your joints, bones, and connective tissue (aka ligaments and cartilage).
1. Pasture Raised Red Meats Or Wild Game (Ruminant Animals)
Red meats contain more micronutrients than any other meat. It’s loaded with iron and B vitamins, especially B-12. As a matter of fact, red meat from Ruminant animals is so nutritious you can live off of it alone, and still remain healthy. Of course, this only applies if you source your meats from pasture-raised farms or you hunt them yourself. Time to go deer hunting!
The Nutritional Benefits of Pasture-Raised Meat
Are you looking for a healthier alternative to conventionally raised meat? Look no further than pasture-raised meat! According to an independent study by Hampshire College Farm, animals raised on pasture produce nutritionally superior meat, milk, and eggs compared to those fed with grain.
The study found that beef from cattle that graze on forage their entire lives is higher in essential nutrients such as omega-3 fatty acids and vitamin E. Pasture-raised chicken also contains 50% more vitamin A compared to conventionally raised chicken, which is important for vision, immune system strength, skin health, and more.
But the benefits don’t stop there. Grass-fed beef provides up to six times more omega–3 fatty acids than grain-fed beef. Omega-3 fatty acids have been linked to numerous health benefits such as reducing inflammation and improving heart health.
In addition to being richer in beta-carotene and vitamin E, the meat from grass-finished animals is also lower in fat and calories than feedlot-raised meat. For example, a 6-ounce steak from a grass-finished cow will have 100 fewer calories than one from a grain-fed cow.
So why not make the switch to pasture-raised meat? Not only will you be doing your body a favor by consuming nutrient-dense food, but you’ll also be supporting sustainable farming practices that prioritize animal welfare and environmental conservation.
Health Benefits Of Pature Raised And Wild-Caught Red Meats
Eating pasture-raised and wild-caught red meats from ruminant animals can offer a range of health benefits. Here are some of the numerous health benefits of pasture-raised and wild-caught red meats:
- Higher levels of vitamins such as A, E, and B12.
- Richer flavor due to the natural diet found in pastures.
- Contain essential fatty acids—especially omega-3s—for better cardiovascular health.
- Higher concentrations of conjugated linoleic acid (CLA), which helps protect against cancer, obesity, and diabetes.
Type Of Pature Raised And Wild-Caught Red Meats
- Cattle (Beef)
- Lamb (Veal)
- Deer (Venison)
- Other Wild-Hooved Animals
2. Pasture Raised Poultry Or Wild Game (birds)
Chicken & turkey is a staple in building muscle because it’s affordable and tastes great. It’s high in protein and whether you go with dark meat or white meat is up to you. Poultry in general is a healthy protein source.
3. Wild-Caught High Omega-3 Fatty Fish
There are tons of benefits to eating more fish but particularly fish with high omega-3 content. It’s great for your testosterone levels, brain, heart health, muscles, joint health, and more. All of which you as a man NEED!!!
Health Benefits Of Wild Caught Fatty Fish
Eating wild-caught fatty fish like salmon and sardines can offer a range of health benefits. Here are some of the numerous health benefits of wild-caught fatty fish:
- Rich source of omega-3 fatty acids, which have been linked to reduced inflammation, improved heart health, and enhanced brain function.
- High in vitamin D, which helps support bone and joint health.
- Low in mercury, as they tend to live lower in the food chain than larger fish such as tuna and swordfish.
- Contains healthy fats that can help raise good cholesterol levels while lowering bad cholesterol #omega3fattyacids #vitamind #salmon #sardines
Types of Wild-Caught Fatty Fish
- Pacific Cod
- Striped Bass
- Wild Alaskan Pollock
- Skipjack Tuna
- Unagi (Eel)
4. Pasture Raised Eggs
Stop throwing away the yolks! If you wanna get yolked eat the yolks, bro! If you still believe in the age-old myth that cholesterol is bad for you, um… wake up call, it’s not! Cholesterol is super important for hormone production (DHEA & testosterone). The yolks also contain 90% of the vitamins, minerals, and choline! The whites are mostly protein and not much else.
Health Benefits Of Pasture-Raised Eggs
Eating eggs is a great way to get a healthy dose of protein and essential vitamins and minerals. Here are some of the numerous health benefits of eggs:
- Eggs are an excellent source of high-quality protein, which helps build strong muscles and can help with weight management.
- They are also high in vitamins B12, B2 and B6, as well as selenium, phosphorus, and iodine.
- Egg yolks contain lutein and zeaxanthin, which may be beneficial for eye health.
- Eggs are also low in calories – just 78 calories each! #eathealthy #eggbenefits #proteinsource
Types Of Pasuture Raised-Eggs
- Whole Chicken Eggs
- Whole Duck Eggs
- Whole Ostrich Eggs
4. Pasture Raised Dairy
Dairy from pasture-raised cows is more nutritious contains less harmful pesticides & is soy & corn free. It’s better for your health, drink it! Hard cheeses that have been aged contain loads of vitamin K4. Which is great for your bone health
Eating pasture-raised dairy can offer a range of health benefits. Here are some of the numerous health benefits of pasture-raised dairy:
- Higher levels of CLA (Conjugated Linoleic Acid). CLA is an anti-inflammatory fatty acid that may play a role in weight control and may even reduce cancer risk.
- More Omega 3 fatty acids, which are linked to improved cardiovascular health.
- Higher levels of beta-carotene, which is an antioxidant that is important for eye and skin health.
- The richer flavor from grass-fed cows leads to added enjoyment in eating dairy products. #dairybenefits #pastureraised #healthyeating
Types Of Dairy Products
- Whole Milk (Pasture Raised)
- Natural Hard Cheeses (Aged)
- Plain Kiefer
- Plain Greek Yogurt
What Are The Traits Of Successful Men In the Fitness Industry? + Tips
So what are the traits of successful men? First, understand this, “never rely on external motivation alone”, one moment you are motivated the next moment…
5. Wild Caught Shellfish
Wild-caught shellfish has many health benefits that make it a great choice for any diet. Shellfish is a rich source of protein and essential minerals such as iron, zinc, and selenium. It is also low in fat and contains healthy omega-3 fatty acids that are beneficial for heart health.
Shellfish is high in certain vitamins including vitamin B12, which can help with brain development. Wild-caught shellfish also contains an array of antioxidants that may support the immune system and protect against disease-causing free radicals. #wildcaughtshellfish #healthbenefits
6. Organic Non-GMO Veggies Or Local (Starchy & Fibrous)
Cruffacious veggies and leafy green veggies have been dubbed the best veggies for building muscle. Whether that’s true or not. They do contain certain nutrients that have been associated with building muscle. The question is how much do you have to eat to get the benefits of these nutrients? You are better off just eating them for the micronutrients they contain. They are a great source of vitamins, minerals, and cancer-fighting antioxidants.
Eating organic non-GMO veggies or local produce can offer many health benefits. Organic produce is grown without the use of synthetic pesticides, artificial fertilizers, and other chemicals that can be potentially harmful to your health. Additionally, organic produce contains more beneficial vitamins, minerals, and antioxidants than conventionally grown produce. Local produce may also be fresher because it has not been shipped from far away.
Eating locally grown foods means you are consuming products that are in season. This is important because fruits and vegetables that grow in their natural environment will contain more of the essential nutrients they are meant to have. #organicveggies #localfoods #healthbenefits
- Collard Greens
- Swiss Chard
- Onions (Contains sulfur compounds)
- Carrots (beta carotene)
- Potatoes (contains lots of vitamins and minerals and good source of carbohydrates)
- Sweet Potatoes
- Cassava Root
- Green Beans
- Snow Peas
7. Organic Non-GMO Fruits Or Local (Sweet & Savory)
Many of these contain vitamin c, polyphenols, flavonoids, and other antioxidants. Many of which are hard to get from other foods.
Health Benefits Of Organic Non-GMO Or Locally Grown Fruits
Eating organic, non-GMO fruits or locally grown produce can offer a range of health benefits. Here are some of the numerous health benefits of organic, non-GMO fruits or locally grown produce:
- Fresher, as they contain fewer pesticides, synthetic fertilizers and other harmful toxins than imported produce.
- A richer source of vitamins and minerals, as their nutrients are not lost during long transportation times.
- Higher levels of antioxidants reduce inflammation and oxidation in the body.
- Support for local farmers and the environment, as eating locally reduces food miles and supports our regional economy. #organicfruit #locallygrown #nongmo
Best Types Of Organic
- Dark berries (highest in polyphenols)
- Citrus Fruits (highest in vitamin c, and flavinoids)
- Red & Black Grapes (high in vitamin c, polyphenols, and resveratrol)
- Pomegranate (protects nitric oxide levels)
- Cranberries (high in iodine and antioxidants)
- Peppers (high in vitamin c)
- Okra (high in poly polyphenols)
8. Organic Non-GMO Grains (Processed & Whole)
The best source of carbohydrates for building muscle time tested bodybuilder approved is white rice. But there are many other healthy grains, some of which are good for fat-loss also. These are your energy producers in the gym!
Health Benefits of Organincs Non GMO Grains
Eating organic, non-GMO grains can offer a range of health benefits. Here are some of the numerous health benefits of organic, non-GMO grains:
- Rich in vitamins and minerals like iron, magnesium and selenium.
- Contain protein, fiber and carbohydrates which are an important part of a balanced diet.
- Lower levels of harmful toxins such as pesticides, herbicides and synthetic fertilizers.
- Higher antioxidant content than regular grains. #organicgrains #nongmo #balanceddiet
Types Of Organic Non GMO Grains
- White Rice (For building muscle)
- Jasmine Rice (For building muscle)
- Brown Rice (best for fat loss)
- Black Rice (best for fat loss)
- Oats (great source of soluble fiber and insoluble fiber)
- Healthy Bread
9. Monounsaturated Fats
The best fats for health and studies have shown why the medeterainian diet is so good for your heart. It’s the high amount of olive oil, avocados, and seafood they eat. However major components of many of the fats they eat are in the form of Monounsaturated fats.
Health Benefits Of Monounsaturated Fats
Eating foods high in monounsaturated fats can offer a range of health benefits. Here are some of the numerous health benefits of monounsaturated fats:
- Improve cholesterol levels – Monounsaturated fats help reduce the low-density lipoproteins (LDL), otherwise known as “bad” cholesterol, and increase the high-density lipoproteins (HDL), also known as “good” cholesterol.
- Increase insulin levels – Monounsaturated fats can help to lower insulin resistance and increase insulin levels, which is beneficial for people with diabetes.
- Lower risk of heart disease – Research has shown that eating a diet rich in monounsaturated fats can help to reduce the risk of developing heart disease and other cardiovascular conditions. #hearthealth #lowercholesterol #monounsaturatedfats
Sources Of Monounsaturated fats
- Olives (one of the best sources of monounsaturated fats)
- Avocados (another really great source)
- Macadamia nuts
- Fatty Fish (loaded with omega-3 fatty acids, and monounsaturated fats)
- Red meat (contains both saturated fat and monounsaturated fat)
- Egg Yolks (same as red meat)
10. Herbs & Spices
There is a reason the medicine men of old mixed herbs and spices that they found in nature. Its because many of them had miraculus antiinflamitory and healing properties.
Health Benafits Of Eating More Herbs And Spices
Adding more herbs and spices into your diet can offer a range of health benefits. Here are some of the numerous health benefits:
- Spices such as turmeric and ginger have anti-inflammatory properties, which can help reduce inflammation throughout the body.
- Herbs are high in antioxidants, which can help protect against damage from free radicals.
- Many herbs and spices contain beneficial compounds that may help lower cholesterol levels and improve heart health.
- Spices like cinnamon may help regulate blood sugar levels, making them helpful for people with diabetes. #herbsandspices #healthbenefits
Types Of Herbs And Spices That Are Great For Health
Here is a long list of some of the healthiest herbs and spices in the world:
- Cilantro: high in antioxidants and known for its ability to detox the body of heavy metals.
- Black Pepper: has many powerful antioxidants, 1 known as “Piperine” which is known to enhance the absorption of Turmeric and Ginger.
- Turmeric: Anti-inflammatory, with antioxidant properties.
- Cinnamon: Reduces the risk of heart disease, lowers blood sugar levels, and has antibacterial properties.
- Ginger: Boosts digestion, helps with nausea and reduces inflammation.
- Garlic: Contains allicin which fights bacteria and viruses.
- Cumin: Improves digestion, strengthens the immune system and has anti-cancer properties.
- Saffron: Contains antioxidants that reduce oxidative stress in the body, improve mood and fight depression. #herbsandspices #healthbenefits #turmeric
I’ve given you a massive list of muscle-building foods for men, that can guard against estrogen and protect your valuable testosterone. I’ve covered all the food groups, such as meat, fish, poultry, dairy, grains, fruits, veggies, fats, and even powerful herbs!
In conclusion, eating a variety of nutrient-rich whole foods is the best way for men to support their overall health and wellness. Eating a colorful selection of fruits and vegetables, lean proteins, healthy fats, whole grains and herbs provide essential vitamins and minerals as well as dietary fiber.
In addition to providing important nutrients, these food groups offer numerous health benefits such as improved heart health, better blood sugar regulation and immune system support. Adding in herbs and spices can also add flavor while offering an additional layer of nutrition to meals too! #healthyfoods #menshealth
Use these to build the strongest manliest version of yourself! Let me know what you think below in the comments.